Alan Shalloway, author of the Lean-Agile Enterprise Release Planning course will be delivering a free talk to our community over Skype.
While first generation agile methods have a solid track record at the team level, many agile transformations get stuck trying to expand throughout the organization.
With a set of principles that can help improve software development quality and productivity, lean thinking provides a method for escaping the trap of local optimization.
While agile teams can use lean principles to improve their practices, the larger organization can embrace lean to solve problems that commonly plague company-wide agile endeavours. Alan Shalloway explores the lean principles of mapping value streams, creating visibility, managing work levels, and more.
Together these lean principles and practices can help your organization dramatically reduce the amount of waste in the work teams perform. Alan introduces and explains Kanban, an agile method that has recently come on the scene, in terms of the lean principles it supports. Note: Alan will be beaming in from his home in North America to deliver this session via Skype.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Agile Design (SkillsCast recorded in October 2009)
- Certified Large-Scale Scrum Practitioner: Principles to Practices (In Person) with Ben Maynard (in London on 11th - 13th July 2022)
- Certified Agile Team Coaching with Ben Maynard & Jon Spruce (Online Workshop on 15th - 19th August 2022)
- YOW! Perth Developer Conference 2022: In-Person (in Perth on 19th - 20th September 2022)
- YOW! Perth Developer Conference 2022: Online (Online Conference on 19th - 20th September 2022)
- The Role of the LeSS Practitioner (SkillsCast recorded in April 2022)
- Panel: What to Expect When you Might (or not) be Expecting (SkillsCast recorded in March 2022)
Applying Lean Software Development Principles Throughout the Organization
Alan Shalloway is the founder and CEO of Net Objectives. With almost 40 years of experience, Alan is an industry thought leader. He helps companies transition to Lean and Agile methods enterprise-wide as well teaches courses in Lean, Kanban, Scrum,