CQRS is of great use for building things other than server side systems as most people tend to use it for.
Watch this SkillsCast recording of this talk by Greg Young and learn about the use of CQRS in other kinds of systems and how it can greatly decrease complexity while providing value to users of the system.
If you are interested in CQRS, may like to check out more here:
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Greg Young's CQRS, Domain Events, Event Sourcing and how to apply DDD (in London on 7th - 9th June 2016)
- DDD eXchange 2016 (in London on 9th - 10th June 2016)
- Greg Young's Advanced CQRS & DDD Workshop (in London on 13th - 15th June 2016)
- In The Brain of Greg Young (in London on 14th June 2016)
- µCon 2016: The Microservices Conference (in London on 7th - 8th November 2016)
CQRS, not just for server systems
Greg Young coined the term "CQRS" (Command Query Responsibility Segregation) and it was instantly picked up by the community who have elaborated upon it ever since.