CQRS is of great use for building things other than server side systems as most people tend to use it for.
Watch this SkillsCast recording of this talk by Greg Young and learn about the use of CQRS in other kinds of systems and how it can greatly decrease complexity while providing value to users of the system.
If you are interested in CQRS, may like to check out more here:
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Event Sourcing and Microservices (SkillsCast recorded in November 2017)
- Crafting Code with Sandro Mancuso (Online Course on 15th - 16th October 2020)
- Domain Models in Practice: DDD, CQRS & Event Sourcing with Marco Heimeshoff (Online Course on 2nd - 6th November 2020)
- Strategic Domain-Driven Design Tools For Non‑DDD People (Online Meetup on 29th October 2020)
- Applied Domain-Driven Design — Full-Stack Event Sourcing (SkillsCast recorded in July 2020)
- Towards Autonomously aligned teams with Domain-Driven Design (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
CQRS, not just for server systems
Greg Young coined the term "CQRS" (Command Query Responsibility Segregation) and it was instantly picked up by the community who have elaborated upon it ever since.