Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
In this talk, we begin by reviewing the basic concepts of Design-By-Contract (DbC), and what we mean by the term "Defensive Programming" (DP). We then explore our overall approach to institutionalizing defensive programming in robust reusable library software such that each application can conveniently specify both the runtime budget and also the specific action to be taken.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Secure Cloud Native Architecture (in London on 23rd - 25th March 2020)
- Practical ML 2020 (in London on 2nd - 3rd July 2020)
- A Guide to the Market Promise of Automagic AI-Enabled Detection and Response (in London on 29th October 2019)
- TBA: Top Secret Cloud-Native Security Lessons (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
- Busier than Barclaycard on Black Friday (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
Defensive Programming Done Right
John Lakos, author of "Large Scale C++ Software Design.", serves at Bloomberg LP in New York City as a senior architect and mentor for C++ Software Development world-wide.