Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
In this talk, Vassil Dichev will demonstrate the strengths of using the Lift web framework for assembling a social messaging web application: real-time updates, creating and testing a RESTful API, as well as libraries for authenticating with LDAP and OpenID, parsing Textile markup, and connecting to XMPP.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Apache ESME (SkillsCast recorded in October 2011)
- Lightbend Akka for Scala - Professional (in London on 11th - 12th November 2019)
- Advanced Scala with Dick Wall (in London on 9th - 11th December 2019)
- Scala eXchange London 2019 (in London on 12th - 13th December 2019)
- Scalax2gether Community Day 2019 (in London on 14th December 2019)
- Code Kata: Yilin Wei - Optics with Monocle (in London on 22nd October 2019)
- Don’t keep it to yourself - openness and honesty in the workplace (in London on 30th October 2019)
- Abstract Data Types In The Region Of Abysmal Pain, And How To Navigate Them (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
- The Last Frontier and Beyond (SkillsCast recorded in August 2019)
Apache ESME: Using Lift for writing social messaging apps
Vassil is a committer at Apache ESME, an open-source microblogging application written in Lift, and also a committer at Lift, a scalable, secure and full-featured Scala web framework. Vassil is using Scala at Remember The Milk trying to help peopl