- The pillars and fundamentals of Clojure
- Clojure's novel language features and its powerful programming model
- Introduction to Incanter
- Why Clojure is a good language for statistical computing
- Exploring datasets with Incanter
- Interfacing with Excel and graphing and charting libraries
This talk assumes you are a developer with proficiency in the Java language and environment.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Fantastic Bytecodes & How To Interpret Them (SkillsCast recorded in July 2018)
- Improving Software Quality through Data with Markus Harrer (Online Workshop on 14th - 15th November 2022)
- YOW! Lambda Jam 2022 (Online Conference on 1st - 30th May 2022)
- Steve Poole presents Log4Shell : Armageddon or Opportunity? (Online Meetup on 26th January 2022)
- Journey to the Centre of the JVM (SkillsCast recorded in May 2021)
- Prepare for What "Looms" Ahead (SkillsCast recorded in February 2021)
Incanter, the Clojure-based, R-like platform for statistical computing and graphics
Ben Evans is an author, entrepreneur, consultant and educator. His career highlights to date include: Co-founding jClarity, a performance startup, Chief Architect for Listed Derivatives at Deutsche Bank, Performance testing the Google IPO, consulting CTO to several startups, initial UK trials of 3G networks with BT, building award-winning websites for some of Hollywood's biggest hits of the 90s, developing some of the UK’s very first true e-commerce websites, building multibillion dollar low-latency trading systems and designing technology to help some of the UK’s most vulnerable people.