Would you like to learn more about Incanter, the Clojure-based, R-like platform for statistical computing and graphics? Watch this SkillsCast recording (film, code, slides) of a talk by Ben Evans, who introduces the Clojure programming language and the Incanter system for statistical computing.
- The pillars and fundamentals of Clojure
- Clojure's novel language features and its powerful programming model
- Introduction to Incanter
- Why Clojure is a good language for statistical computing
- Exploring datasets with Incanter
- Interfacing with Excel and graphing and charting libraries
This talk assumes you are a developer with proficiency in the Java language and environment.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Fantastic Bytecodes & How To Interpret Them (SkillsCast recorded in July 2018)
- Building a Cloud Native Application with Quarkus (in Online Event on 27th August 2020)
- How to use Apache Kafka and Grafana to visualise business process decisions running on the cloud! - Paulo Menon, Ingo Weiss, Craig Reeves. (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- Don’t keep it to yourself - openness and honesty in the workplace (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
Incanter, the Clojure-based, R-like platform for statistical computing and graphics
Ben Evans is an author, entrepreneur, consultant and educator. His career highlights to date include: Co-founding jClarity, a performance startup, Chief Architect for Listed Derivatives at Deutsche Bank, Performance testing the Google IPO, consulting CTO to several startups, initial UK trials of 3G networks with BT, building award-winning websites for some of Hollywood's biggest hits of the 90s, developing some of the UK’s very first true e-commerce websites, building multibillion dollar low-latency trading systems and designing technology to help some of the UK’s most vulnerable people.