The code might be the architecture but at some point in time you're going to have to explain how it works and that's when the whiteboard pens make their appearance. Where do you start though? How much detail should you include? Technology decisions included or omitted? UML or block diagrams?
Join deliberate practice expert Simon Brown for a look at some typical diagramming bloopers, and he will show you how to produce effective sketches.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- The Lost Art of Software Design (SkillsCast recorded in October 2021)
- Domain Models in Practice with Marco Heimeshoff (Online Course on 8th - 12th November 2021)
- Domain-Driven Design Hands-On Workshop: A DDD-traineeship at "Carries Cars" (Online Meetup on 26th October 2021)
- Understanding Microservices: A Guide for the Monolithic Developer (SkillsCast recorded in October 2021)
- F# Gives You Superpowers (SkillsCast recorded in October 2021)