The code might be the architecture but at some point in time you're going to have to explain how it works and that's when the whiteboard pens make their appearance. Where do you start though? How much detail should you include? Technology decisions included or omitted? UML or block diagrams?
Join deliberate practice expert Simon Brown for a look at some typical diagramming bloopers, and he will show you how to produce effective sketches.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- The lost art of software design (SkillsCast recorded in December 2019)
- Domain Models in Practice with Marco Heimeshoff (Online Course on 9th - 13th August 2021)
- Sociotechnical Domain-Driven Design with Kacper Gunia (Online Course on 23rd - 24th August 2021)
- Software Architecture Gathering Digital 2021 (Online Conference on 13th - 14th October 2021)
- Patterns for a Successful Cloud Native Transformation (SkillsCast recorded in June 2021)
- Managing Commercial Platforms: The Architect’s Emerging Skill (SkillsCast recorded in June 2021)