The code might be the architecture but at some point in time you're going to have to explain how it works and that's when the whiteboard pens make their appearance. Where do you start though? How much detail should you include? Technology decisions included or omitted? UML or block diagrams?
Join deliberate practice expert Simon Brown for a look at some typical diagramming bloopers, and he will show you how to produce effective sketches.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- The lost art of software design (SkillsCast recorded in December 2019)
- Invitation to Systems Thinking with Jessica Kerr and Kent Beck (Online Course on 21st - 23rd June 2021)
- Domain Models in Practice with Marco Heimeshoff (Online Course on 9th - 13th August 2021)
- CloudNative eXchange Forum 2021 (Online Conference on 21st - 23rd June 2021)
- Software Architecture Gathering Digital 2021 (Online Conference on 13th - 14th October 2021)
- Tooling Up! - Contract testing with Pact (Online Meetup on 7th July 2021)
- Managing Commercial Platforms: The Architect’s Emerging Skill (SkillsCast recorded in June 2021)
- Embracing Hexagonal Architecture with Serverless (SkillsCast recorded in June 2021)