The code might be the architecture but at some point in time you're going to have to explain how it works and that's when the whiteboard pens make their appearance. Where do you start though? How much detail should you include? Technology decisions included or omitted? UML or block diagrams?
Join deliberate practice expert Simon Brown for a look at some typical diagramming bloopers, and he will show you how to produce effective sketches.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- The Lost Art of Software Design (SkillsCast recorded in October 2021)
- Functional Domain Models in Practice with Marco Heimeshoff (Online Workshop on 17th - 21st October 2022)
- Domain Driven Design & Legacy Systems with Marijn Huizendveld (In-Person) (in London on 22nd - 24th November 2022)
- Software Architecture in a DevOps World (SkillsCast recorded in February 2022)
- Understanding Microservices: A Guide for the Monolithic Developer (SkillsCast recorded in October 2021)