Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
When he began working with Scala in October, 2009, Brendan McAdams had never written any Scala. In this talk, Brendan will explore the lessons learned in exploring Scala through the creation of Casbah, including Rules of Style for the burgeoning library author, hairy corners of Scala, and when not to be clever and why.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Lightbend Lagom: Microservices Done ‘Just Right' (SkillsCast recorded in November 2016)
- Lightbend Scala Language - Professional (in London on 9th - 10th September 2019)
- Lightbend Scala Language - Expert (in London on 11th - 13th September 2019)
- Scala eXchange London 2019 (in London on 12th - 13th December 2019)
- Keynote by Dick Wall on Why API Design Matters, and Why Yours Sucks! (and mine sucks too!) (in London on 24th June 2019)
- London Java Community June (in London on 25th June 2019)
- The Elements of Tagless Final Style (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
- Scala 2.13 and Beyond! (SkillsCast recorded in April 2019)
Naught to Scala in Just 2 Years: Learning Scala through Building a MongoDB Driver
Brendan is a Senior Consultant & Trainer at BoldRadius, where he works directly with clients to help them find success through consulting and training on the Typesafe Reactive Platform.