In partnership with QCon and Skills Matter, Dan North will give a talk on "Where is the Quality in Agility?"
Quality is one of those hot button words. When you talk about quality being variable it can make people very uncomfortable. ("You can flex scope, time or budget but quality is not negotiable!"
In this talk, Dan proposes that quality applies on several levels: not only how well-written the software itself is, but the completeness of a solution and also its fitness for purpose. Using these three levers, Dan argues that quality not only can be flexible, but should be, and demonstrates how being agile can give you control of those levers.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Keynote: SWARMing into Action (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- Domain-Driven Design in Practice with Michael Plöd (Online Workshop on 13th - 15th December 2022)
- Certified Agile Team Coaching with Ben Maynard & Jon Spruce (Online Workshop on 6th - 10th February 2023)
- YOW! December 2022: Online (Online Conference on 5th - 13th December 2022)
- YOW! Brisbane Developer Conference 2022 (in Brisbane on 5th - 6th December 2022)
- Business Agility powered by Product Strategy (SkillsCast recorded in November 2022)
- Mastering Your Inner Demons as Product Managers (SkillsCast recorded in November 2022)
Where is the Quality in Agility?
Daniel Terhorst-North uses his deep technical and organisational knowledge to help CIOs, business and software teams to deliver quickly and successfully. He puts people first and finds simple, pragmatic solutions to business and technical problems, often using lean and agile techniques. With over thirty years of experience in IT, Daniel is a frequent speaker at technology and business conferences worldwide.