In partnership with QCon and Skills Matter, Dan North will give a talk on "Where is the Quality in Agility?". Dan proposes that quality applies on several levels: not only how well-written the software itself is, but the completeness of a solution and also its fitness for purpose.
In partnership with QCon and Skills Matter, Dan North will give a talk on "Where is the Quality in Agility?"
Quality is one of those hot button words. When you talk about quality being variable it can make people very uncomfortable. ("You can flex scope, time or budget but quality is not negotiable!"
In this talk, Dan proposes that quality applies on several levels: not only how well-written the software itself is, but the completeness of a solution and also its fitness for purpose. Using these three levers, Dan argues that quality not only can be flexible, but should be, and demonstrates how being agile can give you control of those levers.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- P3X - People, Product & Process eXchange 2019 (in London on 31st October - 1st November 2019)
- Keynote: SWARMing: Scaling Without A Religious Methodology (SkillsCast recorded in November 2018)
- Effective Enterprise Agile Transformation with Portia Tung (in London on 17th - 19th June 2019)
- Martine Devos' Certified Scrum Master, Estimation & Planning Class (in London on 24th - 25th June 2019)
- SC London 2019 (Software Craftsmanship London) (in London on 3rd - 4th October 2019)
- Digital Leadership June (in London on 17th June 2019)
- Keynote by Iyas AlQasem on Using Agile Techniques to lead your startup and Scale-up your Company (in London on 18th June 2019)
- Lizzy Morris (CST) Presents: Leading from the Inside is True Leadership Agility (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
- DOODLE-DRIVEN DEVELOPMENT (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
Where is the Quality in Agility?
Dan North uses his deep technical and organisational knowledge to help CIOs, business and software teams to deliver quickly and successfully. He puts people first and finds simple, pragmatic solutions to business and technical problems, often using lean and agile techniques. With over thirty years of experience in IT, Dan is a frequent speaker at technology and business conferences worldwide.