A SkillsCast for this session is not available.
Software companies exist everywhere - even in remote regions like South West England. Since 2010 software developers in Cornwall have benefited from an European Union supported Agile adoption programme. Companies producing medical devices, e-commerce solutions, video streaming systems and bespoke embedded software - to name a few - have been helped to adopt Agile development.
This case study will look at how the programme came to be, what the companies did to get Agile and the lessons have been learned from introducing Agile to more than 10 companies. Finally we will discuss how the programme could be a model for future Government support to the software industry.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Why Devs Hate Agile and What to do About It (SkillsCast recorded in November 2018)
- ICAgile Certified Agile Team Facilitator with Ben Maynard & Jon Spruce (Online Workshop on 5th - 8th December 2022)
- Domain-Driven Design in Practice with Michael Plöd (Online Workshop on 13th - 15th December 2022)
- YOW! December 2022: Online (Online Conference on 5th - 13th December 2022)
- YOW! Brisbane Developer Conference 2022 (in Brisbane on 5th - 6th December 2022)
- Business Agility powered by Product Strategy (SkillsCast recorded in November 2022)
- Mastering Your Inner Demons as Product Managers (SkillsCast recorded in November 2022)
Agile Cornwall case study: How the EU is helping Cornish companies get Agile
Allan Kelly helps companies large and small enhance their agility and boost their digital offering. Clients include: Virgin Atlantic, Qualcomm, The Bank of England, Reed Elsevier and many more small innovative companies you've never heard of. He invented Value Poker, Time-Value Profiles and Retrospective Dialogue Sheets. He is the author of "Dear Customer, the truth about IT" and books including "Project Myopia", "Continuous Digital", "Xanpan" and "Business Patterns for Software Developers". His blog is at https://www.allankellyassociates.co.uk/blog/