A SkillsCast for this session is not available.
Software companies exist everywhere - even in remote regions like South West England. Since 2010 software developers in Cornwall have benefited from an European Union supported Agile adoption programme. Companies producing medical devices, e-commerce solutions, video streaming systems and bespoke embedded software - to name a few - have been helped to adopt Agile development.
This case study will look at how the programme came to be, what the companies did to get Agile and the lessons have been learned from introducing Agile to more than 10 companies. Finally we will discuss how the programme could be a model for future Government support to the software industry.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Why Devs Hate Agile and What to do About It (SkillsCast recorded in November 2018)
- Certified Large-Scale Scrum for Executives with Ben Maynard (in London on 13th - 14th April 2023)
- ICAgile Certified Agile Team Coaching with Ben Maynard & Jon Spruce (Online Workshop on 24th - 28th April 2023)
- Business Agility powered by Product Strategy (SkillsCast recorded in November 2022)
- Mastering Your Inner Demons as Product Managers (SkillsCast recorded in November 2022)
Agile Cornwall case study: How the EU is helping Cornish companies get Agile
Allan Kelly helps companies large and small enhance their agility and boost their digital offering. Clients include: Virgin Atlantic, Qualcomm, The Bank of England, Reed Elsevier and many more small innovative companies you've never heard of. He invented Value Poker, Time-Value Profiles and Retrospective Dialogue Sheets. He is the author of "Dear Customer, the truth about IT" and books including "Project Myopia", "Continuous Digital", "Xanpan" and "Business Patterns for Software Developers". His blog is at https://www.allankellyassociates.co.uk/blog/