One of the major points of disagreement about software relates to how much up front design to do, with people being very polarised as to when they should do design and how much they should do.The perfect amount sits somewhere in the chasm between Big Design Up Front’s 'analysis paralysis' and Emergent Design’s 'refactor distractor', but how much is "just enough"? Join Simon Brown to find out.
Would you like to learn to design beautiful software architecture?
Join Simon's 2-day 'Software Architecture for Developers' Workshop on 13th-14th April at Skills Matter!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- The lost art of software design (SkillsCast recorded in December 2019)
- Design Patterns in Action — Full‑Day Workshop [SAG Digital 2021] (Online Course on 11th October 2021)
- Getting API Design Right: Learning from Anti-Patterns — Full‑Day Workshop [SAG Digital 2021] (Online Course on 11th October 2021)
- Software Architecture Gathering Digital 2021 (Online Conference on 13th - 14th October 2021)
- Patterns for a Successful Cloud Native Transformation (SkillsCast recorded in June 2021)
- Managing Commercial Platforms: The Architect’s Emerging Skill (SkillsCast recorded in June 2021)
How much up front design is just enough?
Simon Brown is the founder of Coding the Architecture and either a software architect who codes or a software developer who understands architecture