Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
In this talk for Scala Days, Viktor Klang will show how Futures can be used in for-comprehensions, how to gracefully handle failure, how to avoid blocking operations and get a glimpse into the implementation.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Keynote: How reality shapes microservice architectures (SkillsCast recorded in November 2014)
- Lightbend Scala Language - Professional (in London on 9th - 10th September 2019)
- Lightbend Scala Language - Expert (in London on 11th - 13th September 2019)
- Scala eXchange London 2019 (in London on 12th - 13th December 2019)
- Keynote by Dick Wall on Why API Design Matters, and Why Yours Sucks! (and mine sucks too!) (in London on 24th June 2019)
- London Java Community June (in London on 25th June 2019)
- The Elements of Tagless Final Style (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
- Scala 2.13 and Beyond! (SkillsCast recorded in April 2019)
The Future I was Promised
Viktor Klang is the Deputy CTO at Typesafe—prolific contributor to the Akka project as well as member of the Reactive Streams SIG when not involved in the Scala Standard Library concurrency APIs. Interested in all things distributed and concurrent—software as hardware.