Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
In this talk for Scala Days, Viktor Klang will show how Futures can be used in for-comprehensions, how to gracefully handle failure, how to avoid blocking operations and get a glimpse into the implementation.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Keynote: How reality shapes microservice architectures (SkillsCast recorded in November 2014)
- Lightbend Akka for Scala - Professional (in London on 11th - 12th November 2019)
- Advanced Scala with Dick Wall (in London on 9th - 11th December 2019)
- Scala eXchange London 2019 (in London on 12th - 13th December 2019)
- Scalax2gether Community Day 2019 (in London on 14th December 2019)
- Code Kata: Yilin Wei - Optics with Monocle (in London on 22nd October 2019)
- Don’t keep it to yourself - openness and honesty in the workplace (in London on 30th October 2019)
- Abstract Data Types In The Region Of Abysmal Pain, And How To Navigate Them (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
- The Last Frontier and Beyond (SkillsCast recorded in August 2019)
The Future I was Promised
Viktor Klang is the Deputy CTO at Typesafe—prolific contributor to the Akka project as well as member of the Reactive Streams SIG when not involved in the Scala Standard Library concurrency APIs. Interested in all things distributed and concurrent—software as hardware.