Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
When most people hear about messaging, they think about large distributed systems, message brokers, service buses - and that is certainly one use case. But messaging can be used in other contexts as well. And we will look at some of these. We will see how we can do dependency injection, aspect orientation and other trendy things without resorting to complicated frameworks. We will see how message passing allows us to follow object oriented principles
We will look at testing things without "touching" them and how messages can be used to define executable specifications that produce human readable reports. We will look at how these things can help in modelling and DDD.
And finally, we will discuss how these concepts applied at a micro level can help us scale to much larger contexts while not having to throw away the baby with the bath water. In short, we will look at ways of applying messaging for things that traditionally don't - and the benefits of doing so.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Cassandra - awesome for non-petabyte scale (too) (SkillsCast recorded in August 2014)
- Functional Domain Models in Practice with Marco Heimeshoff (Online Workshop on 17th - 21st October 2022)
- Domain Driven Design & Legacy Systems with Marijn Huizendveld (In-Person) (in London on 22nd - 24th November 2022)
- Software Architecture in a DevOps World (SkillsCast recorded in February 2022)
- Understanding Microservices: A Guide for the Monolithic Developer (SkillsCast recorded in October 2021)
Messaging - It's not just about Large Scale Integration
Ashic Mahtab is a passionate and highly respected member of London's developer community, Passionate about Software Craftsmanship, Software Design, Messaging, DDD, CQRS, Event Sourcing, Git and Versioning and almost anything to do with software, Ashic regularly speaks about these topics at international conferences, meetups and user groups..