Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
In this Practical Functional-first Programming with F# tutorial, Don Syme introduces you to the practical application of F#.NET programming to solve real-world analytical programming problems.
The tutorial will begin with a short lecture introducing the core value proposition of F# - robust, efficient, type-safe, succinct analytical programming which can be deployed in the enterprise context.
You’ll then progress through a series of worked examples for learning functional and OO programming in F#, including the F# Koans, samples for interactive charting and some introductory algorithms.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Welcome to F# eXchange 2020 (SkillsCast recorded in October 2020)
- Functional Concurrency in .NET with C# and F# with Riccardo Terrell (Online Course on 8th - 11th March 2021)
- F# eXchange 2021 (Online Conference on 20th - 21st October 2021)
- Technologies for Microservices (SkillsCast recorded in December 2020)
- Agile Functional Data Pipeline in Haskell: A Case Study of Multicloud API Binding (SkillsCast recorded in November 2020)
Practical Functional-first Programming with F#
Don Syme is a Principal Researcher at Microsoft Mobile Tools and Microsoft Research, Cambridge. He works with researchers, Microsoft and open source communities to make better programming technologies, and, through that, make people more productive and happier.