Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
This talk will look at the construction of a simple compiler in Scala. We will examine some of the tools Scala gives us that can dramatically simplify the task of writing and testing a compiler, and in the process, gain an appreciation for what compilers look like and how to build your own.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Lightbend Scala Language - Professional (in London on 9th - 10th September 2019)
- Lightbend Scala Language - Expert (in London on 11th - 13th September 2019)
- Scala eXchange London 2019 (in London on 12th - 13th December 2019)
- Keynote by Dick Wall on Why API Design Matters, and Why Yours Sucks! (and mine sucks too!) (in London on 24th June 2019)
- London Java Community June (in London on 25th June 2019)
- The Elements of Tagless Final Style (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
- Scala 2.13 and Beyond! (SkillsCast recorded in April 2019)
Functional Compilers: From CFG to EXE
Daniel Spiewak is a software developer based out of Boulder, CO. Over the years, he has worked with Java, Scala, Ruby, C/C++, ML, Clojure and several experimental languages.