Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
In this talk, we will introduce the type checking mechanism of Groovy and demonstrate some techniques that you can use to make your DSL compatible with the type checker.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Deep dive into the Groovy compiler (SkillsCast recorded in December 2015)
- Advanced Scala with Dick Wall (in London on 9th - 11th December 2019)
- Lightbend Scala Language - Expert (in London on 29th April - 1st May 2020)
- Lightning Talk: Generating Castles for Minecraft™ using Haskell (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- Capybara architecture overview (SkillsCast recorded in February 2019)
Type checking your DSLs
Cédric Campeau is a principal engineer at Gradle, Inc. where he works on improving the open-source project of the same name. He is also a core committer of Apache Groovy, and spent more than three years working full time on developing the language at Pivotal, where he implemented features like the static compiler, traits, Android support, AST transformations, and type checking extensions.