Franz will be presenting his experiences with Liftweb and Netty, as well as Web-Development with Scala in general. He will explain how Scala has enabled him to produce meaningful, stable and performing code and why it is endless fun for him!
The first part will cover a variety of topics ranging from Liftweb's amazing features and (few) weaknesses. You will be discovering Liftweb's frontend features like Comet-support and Desinger-friendly templates as well as how to draw a customizing Menu out of Lift's SiteMap.
The second part will be about using Netty out of Scala. You will be exploring ways to use Netty's low-level approach to deal with HTTP connections and how to use them out of Akka Actors. In-depth session on Long-Polling, Comet and WebSocket requests!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Liftweb in the real-world, a hyper-polyglot's tale (SkillsCast recorded in October 2011)
- ScalaCon 2022: Opening Keynote Networking Party (in London on 4th October 2022)
- ScalaCon 2022 (Online Conference on 4th - 8th October 2022)
- LJC: I Started Testing In Production... Then I Went On Holiday (Online Meetup on 15th August 2022)
- Real-time Stream Processing in Spring Made Easy (in London on 25th August 2022)
- A History of Enterprise Monads (SkillsCast recorded in May 2021)
- Connecting the dots - building and structuring a functional application in Scala (SkillsCast recorded in May 2021)
Scala & LiftWeb for Web Development
Franz is a BSD-enthusiastic Black Belt DevOp with Polyglot tendencies. After having done paid projects in over 25 programming languages, he's found his passion in Scala and has been an active member of the community since 2009.