Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Android comes with many built-in components, but some tasks are best accomplished by rolling your own. We will start with an overview of the different ways to extend View and ViewGroup, then dive deeper.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Fun with Android Shaders and Filters (SkillsCast recorded in October 2014)
- Real World Kotlin Development Workshop (in London on 1st - 2nd July 2019)
- Fast Track to Android Architecture (in London on 21st - 23rd October 2019)
- droidcon London 2019 (in London on 24th - 25th October 2019)
- Keynote by Rebecca Franks on Tips for Building Custom Views on Android with Canvas APIs📏🎨 (in London on 19th June 2019)
- Keynote by Markus Eisele on Java in the Age of Containers and Serverless (in London on 20th June 2019)
- Android Home-screen Widgets with Flutter (SkillsCast recorded in April 2019)
- Full Stack Testing of Flutter Apps (SkillsCast recorded in April 2019)
Deep Dive into Android Custom Components
Chiu-Ki was on the Android server team when the G1 came out. She switched to apps development when she moved to the maps team, building Google Mobile Maps for Android.