Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Some journalistic criticism is leveled at Android because of “Fragmentation”. Many people mistakenly believe that the Fragmentation is the result of having to support a huge array of different display sizes, pixel densities, and aspect ratio.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Vector All The Things (SkillsCast recorded in October 2015)
- Real World Kotlin Development Workshop (in London on 1st - 2nd July 2019)
- WebAssembly Deep Dive with Brian Sletten (in London on 8th - 9th July 2019)
- droidcon London 2019 (in London on 24th - 25th October 2019)
- Keynote by Rebecca Franks on Tips for Building Custom Views on Android with Canvas APIs📏🎨 (in London on 19th June 2019)
- Keynote by Markus Eisele on Java in the Age of Containers and Serverless (in London on 20th June 2019)
- The real reasons why you should care about Provider (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
- Upgrading to Django 2.2 (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
Mark Allison is a GDE for Android and software engineer with almost 25 years' experience. He is passionate about providing the user with the best possible experience. He has developed both server and client side, most commonly Android on the client side, but with also for iOS, HTML5, Symbian, and J2ME. Mark writes a technical blog (http://blog.stylingandroid.com) which focuses on Android UI/UX topics, but often covers more general Android development techniques. He regularly speaks at Android developer events in such diverse locations as Turkey, Spain, and Brazil. He is a stalwart of Droidcon London - this will be his fourth consecutive appearance. When not being geeky, Mark likes to unwind by hurling abuse at football referees, specifically those who are unkind to his beloved Watford FC with whom he holds a season ticket. He also has a deep love of the chilli pepper and consumes spicy food (his favourite being Indian) at every opportunity! Mark is happily married with a grown up step-daughter, and lives in Hertfordshire, UK.