Clojure and Scala have both been big hits as next generation languages on the JVM and both make functional programming a major plank in their pitch to developers. However they approaches are quite different. Robert will give a comparison of both the languages and delve into their strengths and weaknesses.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Real World Kotlin Development Workshop (in London on 1st - 2nd July 2019)
- Pivotal's Core Spring (in London on 8th - 11th July 2019)
- Haskell eXchange 2019 (in London on 10th - 11th October 2019)
- Clojure eXchange 2019 (in London on 2nd - 3rd December 2019)
- Keynote by Markus Eisele on Java in the Age of Containers and Serverless (in London on 20th June 2019)
- Hands-on: Fractal art with Fable and WebGL (in London on 20th June 2019)
- The Elements of Tagless Final Style (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
- AdoptOpenJDK - And how it impacts you in 2019 (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
Clojure vs. Scala
Robert Rees is Head of Development at We Got POP, a filmtech company that makes it easier to create great television and drama. Their product is used on shows like the Crown and Empire as well as films like Wonder Woman and Star Wars.