Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
F# is a powerful open-source language which Microsoft, other companies and the F# community all contribute to. In this talk, Don will discuss how the “F# space” has recently opened up significantly in interesting ways.
F# now includes contributions that range from Cloud IDE platforms, Cloud Compute frameworks, Data interoperability components, Cross-platform execution, Try F#, MonoDevelop, and even Emacs editor integration with surprising tooling support, as well as the Visual F# tools from Microsoft and the broader NuGet package ecosystem. Don will also talk about some of the latest contributions from Microsoft Research, including new type provider components for F#, and describe how his team work with the Visual F# team and other teams around Microsoft. There will also be demos of some fun new stuff that’s been going on with F# at MSR and the community.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Towards F# 5.0 (SkillsCast recorded in April 2019)
- Let’s Play with Cloud Code to Run Cloud Native Applications (in Online Event on 18th June 2020)
- Intro to OCaml (in Online Event on 25th June 2020)
- What’s New in .NET Core 3.0 and .NET 5.0 for Performance and Memory-Aware Folks? (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- Going Multicloud with Serverless (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
F# in the open source world
Don Syme is a Principal Researcher at Microsoft Mobile Tools and Microsoft Research, Cambridge. He works with researchers, Microsoft and open source communities to make better programming technologies, and, through that, make people more productive and happier.