The main goal behind this project is to create a language that would be a good tool for developers, i.e. will be safe, concise, flexible, 100% Java-compatible and well-supported by IDE and other tooling.
Kotlin is an open-source project developed by JetBrains, creators of IntelliJ IDEA and ReSharper, with the help of the community. At this talk, Andrey Breslav (Kotlin project lead) gives an overview of the language and the principles behind it.
Among other things, the following features will be covered:
- Static null-safety
- Extension functions
- Higher-order functions and type-safe builders
- Smart casts: Kotlin's lightweight pattern matching
- Enhancing existing Java APIs with Kotlin
- Developing mixed Kotlin/Java projects
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- LJC Lunchtime Lightning Talks (December 2021) (Online Meetup on 10th December 2021)
- Vue.js and TypeScript: Working Together like Peanut Butter and Jelly (Online Meetup on 3rd February 2022)
- Fable Python |> F# ♥️ Python (SkillsCast recorded in October 2021)