Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Many companies are developing for multiple platforms: Android phone and tablet, iPhone, iPad, and (responsive) Web. In many cases, the business requirements and specifications are the same, or very similar across platforms. This leads naturally to questions like: how can we ensure quality and consistency across platforms? how can we minimize cost of quality assurance and automated testing? BDD provides a good framework for providing answers to such questions.
This talk will demo an approach to cross-platform BDD using Cucumber and Calabash. We will focus on reusing more than just features across platforms! We'll also touch upon topics such as end-to-end testing and monitoring.
Finally, this talk will also provide an overview of Calabash: which brings Cucumber to Mobile native and hybrid apps.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Agile Testing of Mobile Apps (SkillsCast recorded in November 2014)
- Jenny Martin's BDD From Start to Finish - Successful Delivery through Continuous Collaboration (in London on 24th - 26th June 2019)
- Real World Kotlin Development Workshop (in London on 1st - 2nd July 2019)
- droidcon London 2019 (in London on 24th - 25th October 2019)
- Keynote by Rebecca Franks on Tips for Building Custom Views on Android with Canvas APIs📏🎨 (in London on 19th June 2019)
- The wonders of IBM: Watson, artificial intelligence, Swift coding and databases! (in London on 19th June 2019)
- DOODLE-DRIVEN DEVELOPMENT (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
- Android Home-screen Widgets with Flutter (SkillsCast recorded in April 2019)
Cross-platform and End-To-End BDD for Mobile
Karl Krukow is Technical Lead on Xamarin Test Cloud, an innovative cloud-based service that provides managed access to more than a thousand mobile devices for the purpose of mobile quality assurance.