In many cases Business Analysts are working undercover as Product Owners and Product Managers. Not that there is any shortage of pretenders to the crown: Customers, Sales, Developers, any-old Manager and others all want to usurp the incumbent requirements guardian - be they Business Analyst, Product Managers, Product Owner, System Analyst, Analyst/Programmer...in fact, that is half the problem, whose job is requirements anyway?
In this talk, Allan Kelly will attempt to disentangle these roles and explain where companies are making mistakes in their approach to the requirements role; why Business Analysts need to change, what exactly a Product Manager is and what UK start-ups can learn from Silicon Valley about requirements.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Why Devs Hate Agile and What to do About It (SkillsCast recorded in November 2018)
- Certified Large-Scale Scrum Practitioner: Principles to Practices (In Person) with Ben Maynard (in London on 16th - 18th August 2021)
- Large-Scale Scrum In-Person Courses Bundle with Ben Maynard (in London on 16th - 20th August 2021)
- The Study of Enterprise Agility Community: Global Enterprise Agility Month — Delivery Week (Online Conference on 27th - 29th July 2021)
- P3X — People Product Process eXchange 2021 (Online Conference on 8th - 9th September 2021)
- The What & Why of Continuous Discovery (Online Meetup on 27th July 2021)
- Team Identity and its Impact on an Organisation (Online Meetup on 3rd August 2021)
- Storytelling: Shifting the Culture Through Sharing Experiences (SkillsCast recorded in July 2021)
- How To Make Loveliness (SkillsCast recorded in July 2021)
Business Analyst, Product Owner, Product Manager, Spy!
Allan Kelly helps companies large and small enhance their agility and boost their digital offering. Clients include: Virgin Atlantic, Qualcomm, The Bank of England, Reed Elsevier and many more small innovative companies you've never heard of. He invented Value Poker, Time-Value Profiles and Retrospective Dialogue Sheets. He is the author of "Dear Customer, the truth about IT" and books including "Project Myopia", "Continuous Digital", "Xanpan" and "Business Patterns for Software Developers". His blog is at https://www.allankellyassociates.co.uk/blog/