Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
This talk describes how to apply the Test Data Builder Pattern to Cucumber-JVM for creating test data on-demand without direct database manipulation.
This can be achieved by using the web services exposed by the application under test to create the data and the pattern to abstract the complexities of interacting with the web services for creating data.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Don't fire the testers (SkillsCast recorded in November 2016)
- Real World Kotlin Development Workshop (in London on 22nd - 23rd October 2019)
- Janet Gregory's Agile Testing for the Whole Team (in London on 28th - 30th October 2019)
- droidcon London 2019 (in London on 24th - 25th October 2019)
- P3X - People, Product & Process eXchange 2019 (in London on 31st October - 1st November 2019)
- Code Kata: Yilin Wei - Optics with Monocle (in London on 22nd October 2019)
- Don’t keep it to yourself - openness and honesty in the workplace (in London on 30th October 2019)
- Abstract Data Types In The Region Of Abysmal Pain, And How To Navigate Them (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
- Testing in Production. From DevTestOops to DevTestOps (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
CREATING DATA WITH THE TEST DATA BUILDER PATTERN
Alan is CEO and Co-founder of Hindsight Software, a start-up focused on supporting BDD in the Enterprise. Over the last 14 years Alan's passion has switched from just writing code to how we deliver high quality software systems as a team. He is a passionate believer in finding talented engineers and works with a “Do Tank” the New Engineering Foundation to influence the UK government and educational bodies on STEMs education.