Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Don Syme: F# is a powerful open-source language which Microsoft, other companies and the F# community all contribute to. In this talk, Don will discuss how the “F# space” has recently opened up significantly in interesting ways.
F# now includes contributions that range from Cloud IDE platforms, Cloud Compute frameworks, Data interoperability components, Cross-platform execution, Try F#, MonoDevelop, and even Emacs editor integration with surprising tooling support, as well as the Visual F# tools from Microsoft and the broader NuGet package ecosystem.
Don will also talk about some of the latest contributions from Microsoft Research, including new type provider components for F#, and describe how his team work with the Visual F# team and other teams around Microsoft. There will also be demos of some fun new stuff that’s been going on with F# at MSR and the community.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- F# eXchange 2020 (in London on 2nd - 3rd April 2020)
- Towards F# 5.0 (SkillsCast recorded in April 2019)
- Fast Track to F# with Tomas Petricek & Phil Trelford (in London on 9th - 10th September 2019)
- Functional Concurrency in .NET with C# and F# (in London on 9th - 10th September 2019)
- ProgNET London 2019 (in London on 11th - 13th September 2019)
- Hands-on: Fractal art with Fable and WebGL (in London on 20th June 2019)
- Keynote by Dick Wall on Why API Design Matters, and Why Yours Sucks! (and mine sucks too!) (in London on 24th June 2019)
- Solving 5 typical Issues in API development with Domain Driven Design (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
- Fancy Bears Are Not Your Problem: Real World Appsec (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
Keynote: F# in the Open Source World
Don Syme is a Principal Researcher at Microsoft Mobile Tools and Microsoft Research, Cambridge. He works with researchers, Microsoft and open source communities to make better programming technologies, and, through that, make people more productive and happier.