What is mutable state, and how did it become so firmly engrained in our programming style? This talk gives a not-so-serious historical perspective on mutable state.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- A Tour of Tick, Time as a Value (SkillsCast recorded in December 2017)
- LJC Lunchtime Lightning Talks (Online Meetup on 7th August 2020)
- Building a Cloud Native Application with Quarkus (Online Meetup on 27th August 2020)
- How to use Apache Kafka and Grafana to visualise business process decisions running on the cloud! - Paulo Menon, Ingo Weiss, Craig Reeves. (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- Don’t keep it to yourself - openness and honesty in the workplace (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
The rise and fall of 'mutable' state
Malcolm has been writing Clojure since 2009, has led Clojure teams and been involved in many successful Clojure projects. He is an experienced Clojure trainer and has written numerous open-source libraries including bidi and yada. He is also the founder of JUXT, a consulting and software development firm that uses Clojure exclusively.