In this talk, David Dawson, Principal Consultant at Simplicity Itself, will give his thoughts and experiences of development in large scale, offshore heavy environments, and the tricks and techniques that he has learned to maintain, protect and improve a codebase over the lifetime of a project.
Covering offshore teams, philosophy, boredom and the importance of cake, David will be revealing what has worked and what really hasn't, the scars those experiments left behind, and lots of thoughts for the future.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Lightning Talk: Polyglot Event Sourcing and DDD in 15 minutes (SkillsCast recorded in November 2017)
- Microservices Architecture with Jorge Ortiz‑Fuentes (Online Course on 15th - 17th February 2021)
- Sociotechnical Domain-Driven Design with Kacper Gunia (Online Course on 18th - 19th February 2021)
- μCon: The Microservices eXchange (Online Conference on 13th - 14th April 2021)
- Evolutionary Architecture (SkillsCast recorded in January 2021)
- What an Architect Can Learn from Retrospective Failures (SkillsCast recorded in December 2020)
Development in the large, musings on maintaining a healthy codebase over the years
David Dawson takes his passion for design, architecture and philosophy to all their clients, drinks their coffee and gives them Microservice platforms and systems in return.