In this talk, David Dawson, Principal Consultant at Simplicity Itself, will give his thoughts and experiences of development in large scale, offshore heavy environments, and the tricks and techniques that he has learned to maintain, protect and improve a codebase over the lifetime of a project.
Covering offshore teams, philosophy, boredom and the importance of cake, David will be revealing what has worked and what really hasn't, the scars those experiments left behind, and lots of thoughts for the future.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Lightning Talk: Polyglot Event Sourcing and DDD in 15 minutes (SkillsCast recorded in November 2017)
- Domain Models in Practice: DDD, CQRS & Event Sourcing with Marco Heimeshoff (Online Course on 30th November - 4th December 2020)
- Sociotechnical Domain-Driven Design with Kacper Gunia (Online Course on 7th - 8th December 2020)
- Strategic Domain-Driven Design Tools For Non‑DDD People (Online Meetup on 29th October 2020)
- Implementing Microservices: Nobody Told Me About That (SkillsCast recorded in October 2020)
- Debugging Containers on Kubernetes with "kubectl debug" (SkillsCast recorded in July 2020)
Development in the large, musings on maintaining a healthy codebase over the years
David Dawson takes his passion for design, architecture and philosophy to all their clients, drinks their coffee and gives them Microservice platforms and systems in return.