In this talk, David Dawson, Principal Consultant at Simplicity Itself, will give his thoughts and experiences of development in large scale, offshore heavy environments, and the tricks and techniques that he has learned to maintain, protect and improve a codebase over the lifetime of a project.
Covering offshore teams, philosophy, boredom and the importance of cake, David will be revealing what has worked and what really hasn't, the scars those experiments left behind, and lots of thoughts for the future.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Lightning Talk: Polyglot Event Sourcing and DDD in 15 minutes (SkillsCast recorded in November 2017)
- Functional Concurrency in .NET with C# and F# (in London on 9th - 10th September 2019)
- Software Architecture for Developers Workshop with Robert Smallshire (in London on 9th - 10th September 2019)
- Infiniteconf 2019 - The conference on Big Data and AI (in London on 4th - 5th July 2019)
- Keynote by Kris Nova on The Power of Linux Virtualization with Cloud Native (in London on 19th June 2019)
- Applying Chaos Engineering to build Resilient Serverless Applications (in London on 9th July 2019)
- User-First Internationalisation (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
- Getting Into the Zero Downtime Deployment World (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
Development in the large, musings on maintaining a healthy codebase over the years
David Dawson takes his passion for design, architecture and philosophy to all their clients, drinks their coffee and gives them Microservice platforms and systems in return.