In this talk, David Dawson and Russ Miles of Simplicity Itself will show how to design Cloud-friendly, simple components, services and applications that can deliver on the promises that have loosely been collated around the term PaaS, without the need for an actual PaaS...
No one really wants a PaaS, not really. What we really want are the proposed benefits of PaaS, namely Low Friction Development and Delivery to support the necessary Speed of Change. Which means all, or some, of :
- Quick to deploy applications
- Utilise different environments that your application can be deployed to that 'feel' the same. eg, local development/ production.
- Quick and Automated Provisioning of resources
- Manage scaling of an application easily, via an API.
- Reduce the need to consider infrastructure, using some higher abstraction
- A high level API
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- SpringSource's Core Spring: Developing with the Spring Framework (in London on 14th - 17th March 2016)
- Russ Miles' Microservices Workshop (in London on 16th - 18th March 2016)
- SpringSource's Spring Web Course (in London on 4th - 7th April 2016)
- Spring Source's Processing Big Data with Hadoop and Pivotal HD (in London on 18th - 21st April 2016)
- Enterprise Integration with Spring (in London on 2nd - 5th May 2016)
- SpringSource's JPA with Spring (in London on 16th - 18th May 2016)
- Developing Messaging Applications with Pivotal RabbitMQ (in London on 29th June - 1st July 2016)
- ContainerSched 2016 - The Container & Scheduler Conference (in London on 8th - 9th June 2016)
Rescuing the PaaS with Simplicity
Russ' experience covers almost every facet of software delivery having worked across many different domains including Financial Services, Publishing, Defence, Insurance and Search. With over 18 years experience of consultancy, coaching and training, Russ helps to change all facets of the software delivery process in order to remove unnecessary and costly complexity in everything from developer skills and practices, through applying the right processes for the job at hand, to ensuring that the right change is delivered, be it through software or otherwise.
David Dawson is CEO of GoMicro.Services, takes his passion for design, architecture and philosophy to all their clients, drinks their coffee and gives them Microservice platforms and systems in return.