In this talk, David Dawson and Russ Miles of Simplicity Itself will show how to design Cloud-friendly, simple components, services and applications that can deliver on the promises that have loosely been collated around the term PaaS, without the need for an actual PaaS...
No one really wants a PaaS, not really. What we really want are the proposed benefits of PaaS, namely Low Friction Development and Delivery to support the necessary Speed of Change. Which means all, or some, of :
- Quick to deploy applications
- Utilise different environments that your application can be deployed to that 'feel' the same. eg, local development/ production.
- Quick and Automated Provisioning of resources
- Manage scaling of an application easily, via an API.
- Reduce the need to consider infrastructure, using some higher abstraction
- A high level API
Rescuing the PaaS with Simplicity
"An expert is someone who has succeeded in making decisions and judgements simpler; through knowing what to pay attention to and what to ignore” – Edward de Bono, “Simplicity”, 1998
David Dawson is Principal Consultant at Simplicity Itself and works with their clients to continuously and sustainably delivering valuable software.