In this talk, David Dawson and Russ Miles of Simplicity Itself will show how to design Cloud-friendly, simple components, services and applications that can deliver on the promises that have loosely been collated around the term PaaS, without the need for an actual PaaS...
No one really wants a PaaS, not really. What we really want are the proposed benefits of PaaS, namely Low Friction Development and Delivery to support the necessary Speed of Change. Which means all, or some, of :
- Quick to deploy applications
- Utilise different environments that your application can be deployed to that 'feel' the same. eg, local development/ production.
- Quick and Automated Provisioning of resources
- Manage scaling of an application easily, via an API.
- Reduce the need to consider infrastructure, using some higher abstraction
- A high level API
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Russ Miles' Microservices Workshop (in London on 18th - 20th September 2017)
- Microservices through Development Automation with Atomist by Russ Miles (in London on 25th September 2017)
- ContainerSched 2017 - The Conference on DevOps, Cloud, Containers and Schedulers (in London on 28th - 29th September 2017)
- µCon London 2017: The Microservices Conference (in London on 6th - 7th November 2017)
Rescuing the PaaS with Simplicity
Russ' experience covers almost every facet of software delivery having worked across many different domains including Financial Services, Publishing, Defence, Insurance and Search. With over 18 years experience of consultancy, coaching and training, Russ helps to change all facets of the software delivery process in order to remove unnecessary and costly complexity in everything from developer skills and practices, through applying the right processes for the job at hand, to ensuring that the right change is delivered, be it through software or otherwise.
David Dawson takes his passion for design, architecture and philosophy to all their clients, drinks their coffee and gives them Microservice platforms and systems in return.