We all have things we want to change, whether it's at work or personally, and change is hard, in some cases seemingly impossible.
This will be a chance for people to get together and discuss change, looking at the psychology behind change and focusing on case studies, research and personal experiences.
Looking at using the framework of 'Direct the rider, motivate the elephant, and shape the path', we'll discuss its general use - which we've all experienced and most likely not realised - and look at how we can utilise it in our own lives. Breaking down the framework, we'll look at aspects such as:
- Finding the bright spots
- Shrinking the change
- Tweaking the environment
What do you want to change? Let's get started
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- What do Testers do? (SkillsCast recorded in November 2013)
- Domain-Driven Design in Practice with Michael Plöd (Online Workshop on 13th - 15th December 2022)
- Certified Agile Team Coaching with Ben Maynard & Jon Spruce (Online Workshop on 6th - 10th February 2023)
- YOW! Sydney Developer Conference 2022 (in Sydney on 12th - 13th December 2022)
- Foundations of Social Leadership (Online Meetup on 18th January 2023)
- Business Agility powered by Product Strategy (SkillsCast recorded in November 2022)
- Mastering Your Inner Demons as Product Managers (SkillsCast recorded in November 2022)
Change the way you attempt change
Tony Bruce is a professional, experienced, constantly learning, coaching and teaching agile team member who specialises in Testing. He has worked in various industries with organisations such as Channel 4, Ernst & Young, LMAX and The Children’s Society.