At the Skills Matter eXchange Tony Bruce will be giving people a chance to get together and discuss change.
We all have things we want to change, whether it's at work or personally, and change is hard, in some cases seemingly impossible.
This will be a chance for people to get together and discuss change, looking at the psychology behind change and focusing on case studies, research and personal experiences.
Looking at using the framework of 'Direct the rider, motivate the elephant, and shape the path', we'll discuss its general use - which we've all experienced and most likely not realised - and look at how we can utilise it in our own lives. Breaking down the framework, we'll look at aspects such as:
- Finding the bright spots
- Shrinking the change
- Tweaking the environment
What do you want to change? Let's get started
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- What do Testers do? (SkillsCast recorded in November 2013)
- Agile at Scale with Joakim Sundén (Online Course on 13th - 16th October 2020)
- Certified Scrum Master with Abid Quereshi (Online Course on 26th - 28th October 2020)
- Web Performance & Agility: A Curious Mashup (SkillsCast recorded in September 2020)
- Retrospectives Antipatterns — Team Meetings That Don't Suck (SkillsCast recorded in July 2020)
Change the way you attempt change
Tony Bruce is a professional, experienced, constantly learning, coaching and teaching agile team member who specialises in Testing. He has worked in various industries with organisations such as Channel 4, Ernst & Young, LMAX and The Children’s Society.