Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Spray is an open-source toolkit for building REST/HTTP-based integration layers on top of Akka and the basis for the coming akka-http module. It provides a fast, fully-featured client- and server-side HTTP stack on top of the new Akka IO layer.
In this session I'll be live-coding for most of the time, showing you how easy it is to:
- Send an HTTP request and receive HTTP responses on the client-side
- Write a low-level HTTP server
- Use the high-level routing DSL on the server-side to define a simple REST API behavior.
Additionally I'll talk about what is on the agenda regarding the move into Akka as well as the transition from Netty to the new akka-http as the HTTP "driver" for the Play framework.
If you haven't used spray yourself yet the recording of the recent Typesafe Webinar gives you some good more high-level introduction to spray, which might help in making the most of this session.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- LDNUG September 2017 - #ProgNET Special with Richard Campbell (in London on 12th September 2017)
- Progressive .NET 2017 (in London on 13th - 15th September 2017)
- Fast Track to F# with Tomas Petricek & Phil Trelford (in London on 16th - 17th October 2017)
- Test Driven Development (TDD) Workshop with Damjan Vujnovic (in London on 7th - 8th December 2017)
spray: HTTP for your Akka Actors
Mathias is lead developer of spray.io, Akka committer and passionate Scala-ista. As a long-time and active member of the Java and Scala open source community he is especially excited about everything performance-, scalability- and web-related.