Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Spray is an open-source toolkit for building REST/HTTP-based integration layers on top of Akka and the basis for the coming akka-http module. It provides a fast, fully-featured client- and server-side HTTP stack on top of the new Akka IO layer.
In this session I'll be live-coding for most of the time, showing you how easy it is to:
- Send an HTTP request and receive HTTP responses on the client-side
- Write a low-level HTTP server
- Use the high-level routing DSL on the server-side to define a simple REST API behavior.
Additionally I'll talk about what is on the agenda regarding the move into Akka as well as the transition from Netty to the new akka-http as the HTTP "driver" for the Play framework.
If you haven't used spray yourself yet the recording of the recent Typesafe Webinar gives you some good more high-level introduction to spray, which might help in making the most of this session.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- REST on Akka: Connect to the world (SkillsCast recorded in December 2014)
- Modern development with Java (in London on 15th - 17th July 2019)
- Lightbend Scala Language - Professional (in London on 9th - 10th September 2019)
- Scala eXchange London 2019 (in London on 12th - 13th December 2019)
- Keynote by Dick Wall on Why API Design Matters, and Why Yours Sucks! (and mine sucks too!) (in London on 24th June 2019)
- London Java Community June (in London on 25th June 2019)
- The Elements of Tagless Final Style (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
- Scala 2.13 and Beyond! (SkillsCast recorded in April 2019)
spray: HTTP for your Akka Actors
Mathias is lead developer of spray.io, Akka committer and passionate Scala-ista. As a long-time and active member of the Java and Scala open source community he is especially excited about everything performance-, scalability- and web-related.