Functional languages, with the right practices and preference, can result in simple solutions, but they're not the only ones having all the fun!
In this talk, Russ Miles will show how making simplicity a priority can lead to easier to maintain solutions, even when approached using unfamiliar languages. How each concept that is often thought of as 'only for the functional crowd', or just plain misunderstood, is in fact simply and, eventually, easily implemented using your favourite language of choice once you've donned the right thinking caps.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- DDD eXchange 2017 (in London on 27th - 28th April 2017)
- Russ Miles' Microservices Workshop (in London on 23rd - 25th August 2017)
- Progressive .NET Tutorials 2017 (in London on 13th - 15th September 2017)
- Microservices through Development Automation with Atomist by Russ Miles (in London on 25th September 2017)
- ContainerSched 2017 - The Conference on DevOps, Cloud, Containers and Schedulers (in London on 28th - 29th September 2017)
- µCon 2017: The Microservices Conference (in London on 6th - 7th November 2017)
Clojure and Other Friends - Promiscuous LISPing towards Simplicity
Russ' experience covers almost every facet of software delivery having worked across many different domains including Financial Services, Publishing, Defence, Insurance and Search. With over 18 years experience of consultancy, coaching and training, Russ helps to change all facets of the software delivery process in order to remove unnecessary and costly complexity in everything from developer skills and practices, through applying the right processes for the job at hand, to ensuring that the right change is delivered, be it through software or otherwise.