Functional languages, with the right practices and preference, can result in simple solutions, but they're not the only ones having all the fun!
In this talk, Russ Miles will show how making simplicity a priority can lead to easier to maintain solutions, even when approached using unfamiliar languages. How each concept that is often thought of as 'only for the functional crowd', or just plain misunderstood, is in fact simply and, eventually, easily implemented using your favourite language of choice once you've donned the right thinking caps.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Russ Miles' Microservices Workshop (in London on 6th - 8th August 2018)
- Fast Track to Chaos Engineering with Russ Miles (in London on 10th - 12th September 2018)
- Cloud Native Java with Russ Miles (in London on 1st - 3rd October 2018)
- Greg Young's CQRS, Domain Events, Event Sourcing and how to apply DDD (in London on 22nd - 24th October 2018)
- µCon London 2018: The Microservices Conference (in London on 5th - 6th November 2018)
Clojure and Other Friends - Promiscuous LISPing towards Simplicity
Russ Miles is CEO of ChaosIQ.io where he and his team build commercial and open source (ChaosToolkit.org) products and provide services to companies applying Chaos Engineering to build confidence in their Cloud Native, Microservice-based systems on Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Kubernetes and more.