In this talk @sleepyfox takes us on a journey of what software quality means, how we might measure it, and how this influences our lives as software professionals.
Most everyone who has worked in a large organisation and has seen Metrics programmes implemented has experienced the strange organisational (mis)behaviour that these programmes seem to engender. Why does this happen, and what can we do about it? What does it make sense to measure on a software project, and how can we ensure that measurement reflects reality?
This event has been organised by the London Code Dojo. To find out more about this group and what they do, click here!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Lightning Talk: Fullstack Clojure in the Movie Business (SkillsCast recorded in December 2018)
- Certified Scrum Master with Abid Quereshi (Online Course on 24th - 25th February 2021)
- Agile at Scale with Joakim Sundén (Online Course on 1st - 4th March 2021)
- The Death of Silos (Online Meetup on 3rd December 2020)
- Web Performance & Agility: A Curious Mashup (SkillsCast recorded in September 2020)
- Retrospectives Antipatterns — Team Meetings That Don't Suck (SkillsCast recorded in July 2020)
Nigel has shepherded the success of a wide variety of projects drawn from many business sectors and also has had the privilege of spending 5 years of his life working on the largest IT disaster in history, the £22bn white elephant known as NPfIT.