Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
In Jan's exciting, invigorating, Broadway-style live-coding session, we will build a Tweet mood analysis application. Jan will show how to use spray-client with the new Akka I/O to download the tweets. The application will then store the tweets in Cassandra and then attempt to perform simple mood analysis. Discover whether people are indeed happy about #Scala tweets and miserable about #Java8 tweets.
To make the most of the session, you will need to have basic understanding of Scala and conceptual understanding of Akka; you do not need to worry about Cassandra nor Spray. Everyone is welcome, though novices may find the pace too fast to follow.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Production Reactive Systems in Scala with Jan Machacek! (SkillsCast recorded in April 2017)
- Essential Effects | ScalaCon Workshop (Online Course on 10th - 13th May 2021)
- Akka Streams for Scala | ScalaCon Workshop (Online Course on 10th - 12th May 2021)
- ScalaCon 2021 (Online Conference on 18th - 22nd May 2021)
- An Introduction to Cats Effect with Adam Rosien (Online Meetup on 22nd April 2021)
- Abstract Data Types In The Region Of Abysmal Pain, And How To Navigate Them (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
- The Last Frontier and Beyond (SkillsCast recorded in August 2019)
Jan Machacek is a passionate technologist with hands-on experience of the practical aspects of software delivery (architecture, quality, CI, CD), the project management approaches (applying the principles of agile project management), and mentoring and motivating engineering & business teams.