Would you like to learn more about Behaviour Driven Development (BDD), benefits of adopting BDD, and challenges you may run into?
Join Tony Bruce and Ant Koch, share their experience and lead a discussion on what can cause some issues when implementing BDD taken from personal experience.
Tony covered topics listed below, in no particular order:
- Don’t rush into automation
- Don’t spend hours arguing about the correct language to use
- See what others are doing
- Write scenarios as a team
- Have the conversation
- Don’t add implementation details in scenarios
- Add tests to continuous integration process as early as possible
- Use your scenarios
- Include the SME (Subject Matter Expert)
- Domain expert and customer
- Keep scenarios precise
- Use examples to reinforce the scenario
- Every scenario is negotiable and is subject to change at any time
- Your scenarios are your living documentation
- Make things visual
- Sign off scenarios
- Just do it!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- What do Testers do? (SkillsCast recorded in November 2013)
- Certified Scrum Master with Abid Quereshi (Online Course on 24th - 25th February 2021)
- Agile at Scale with Joakim Sundén (Online Course on 1st - 4th March 2021)
- P3X — People Product Process eXchange 2021 (Online Conference on 15th - 16th September 2021)
- Agile During the Time of Jesus (SkillsCast recorded in December 2020)
- The Death of Silos (SkillsCast recorded in December 2020)
BDD Lessons Learnt
Tony Bruce is a professional, experienced, constantly learning, coaching and teaching agile team member who specialises in Testing. He has worked in various industries with organisations such as Channel 4, Ernst & Young, LMAX and The Children’s Society.