Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
We'll charge at high speed through the following topics, with Clojure code to follow along with as we go (because there's no better language for implementing a Lisp than another Lisp)
- Parsing: turning text files into ASTs
- Fundamental Lisp datatypes
- McCarthy's elementary functions.
- Evaluating Lisp code
- Lambdas and lexical scope
- Your friend, the state monad
- Beyond Lisp: pattern matching and type systems
When we're done, you'll be ready to go forth and fill the world with Lisps of all shapes, colours and Greenspun violations for Great Justice. Also, it'll be good fun.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Meetings With Remarkable Trees (SkillsCast recorded in December 2018)
- FP in Kotlin with Arrow with Jorge Castillo (Online Course on 27th - 30th July 2021)
- F# eXchange 2021 (Online Conference on 20th October 2021)
- ScalaCon 2021: November Edition (Online Conference on 2nd - 5th November 2021)
- Journey to the Centre of the JVM (SkillsCast recorded in May 2021)
- Type Me If You Can: Writing Safe Communication Protocols with F# (SkillsCast recorded in October 2020)
Build Your Own Lisp for Great Justice
Bodil works as a computer science researcher for a secretive think tank, and is a world renowned expert in varied fields such as pizza and persistent data structures. Contrary to popular rumour, she only has five fingers on each hand, but is still an Emacs user.