Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
In this talk, David and Bri will debate the pros and cons of using stories and discuss practices and techniques for improving them. We are going to tackle concerns that trouble many agile teams, such as: What is the right level of detail for specifying user stories?
User Stories are a widely adopted technique for agile teams. But opinion is divided on the value and usefulness of Stories. Are they a godsend for quality? A convenient and precise shorthand? Waterfall requirements in agile clothes? A necessary evil? A pernicious cancer infecting team creativity and product owner freedom?
Are stories really the key ingredient that allows an agile team to get valuable stuff done and tested faster, or are they just a placebo, providing reassurance that at least we "sound agile"?
Should we stick to the standard template? How do we ensure we don't lose sight of the big picture? Is it OK to have technical stories? Should we use cards or a system?
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Improving the Value of SBE and BDD artefacts (SkillsCast recorded in November 2014)
- Martine Devos' Certified Scrum Master, Estimation & Planning Class (in London on 4th - 5th November 2019)
- Jenny Martin's BDD From Start to Finish - Successful Delivery through Continuous Collaboration (in London on 4th - 6th November 2019)
- P3X - People, Product & Process eXchange 2019 (in London on 31st October - 1st November 2019)
- Diversity for Digital – Become the Ambassador of Making a Difference (in London on 21st November 2019)
- 2 Presentations: DevOps Patterns and Antipatterns & Best Practice Application Delivery (in London on 11th December 2019)
- Right to Left - Outcome Driven Agility (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- DevOps and Microservices Better Together (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
Two Sides of the Story
David Evans is an independent agile consultant, coach and trainer. He is an evangelist on agile testing, TDD, BDD and Specification by Example, and is a regular speaker at international conferences and seminars.
Brindusa is a passionate agile consultant and coach. She works with ambitious companies across Europe to facilitate the kind of organizational change that has great impact on the individuals and the bottom line.