Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
In this talk Jenny Martin, Chris Priest and Pete Buckney (The Sparkle Team) share their experience on a government-funded R&D retail project with Sparkle CS and their application of BDD and agile testing techniques.
The talk will explore how using lean principles with a laser focus on maximising opportunities for feedback (MOFF) rather than on a minimal viable product (MVP) a team can accelerate delivery and respond quickly to constantly changing market pressures.
Jenny, Chris & Pete will talk through how the business was placed at the heart of the project through the use of techniques such as Impact Mapping and Specification by Example and how they were able to maximise business input by placing a strong focus on the objectives and value demonstrated during the showcase (feedback opportunity)
With aspirations of high value, business facing, executable specifications the team also explored some options to integrate their living documentation system (confluence) with cucumber more comprehensively than current offerings and would like to share the outcome with you.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Jenny Martin's BDD From Start to Finish - Successful Delivery through Continuous Collaboration (in London on 24th - 26th June 2019)
- Giving Engaging Technical Talks at Conferences and Meetups (in London on 15th - 16th July 2019)
- Knowing Me Knowing you.... Ahaaaaa! (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
- Uncle Bob Martin's Clean Code Workshop on Agile Software Craftsmanship (in London on 2nd - 3rd December 2019)
- P3X - People, Product & Process eXchange 2019 (in London on 31st October - 1st November 2019)
- Keynote: Crossing the River by Feeing the Stones (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
- DOODLE-DRIVEN DEVELOPMENT (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
Successful Collaboration and MOFF - Applied
Chris Priest has been working in & around .NET for the last 15 years in a career that has spanned financial institutions, small startups, and worldwide e-commerce platforms. On a day-to-day basis, he is a hands-on Technical Lead / Architect at cloud consultancy Amido.
Jenny Martin coaches in Agile delivery, quality improvement and innovation gaming. She has a deep appreciation for business goal segmentation and the visualization of what she labels ‘horizons of value’ within business strategy.
Pete is CTO at Railsbank - enabling fintech companies to access global banking with 5 lines of code, and driving the costs out of finance infrastructure so finance can be more inclusive and less abusive.