Getting the Testing Balance right, It sounds like a no-brainer, right? Everyone has unit testing nailed, umm, right…? In this talk, Russ Miles of Simplicity Itself takes things back to basics to examine why many still do not unit test and, even worse, use unit testing in extremely unproductive ways.
Diving through a brief litany of woe around his experiences in unit testing, Russ will then share the tools, techniques and hard-earned lessons he applies to write, communicate and organise his unit tests to make them as useful as possible to the future of the application.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Russ Miles' Microservices Workshop (in London on 6th - 8th August 2018)
- Fast Track to Chaos Engineering with Russ Miles (in London on 10th - 12th September 2018)
- Cloud Native Java with Russ Miles (in London on 1st - 3rd October 2018)
- Greg Young's CQRS, Domain Events, Event Sourcing and how to apply DDD (in London on 22nd - 24th October 2018)
- µCon London 2018: The Microservices Conference (in London on 5th - 6th November 2018)
Why unit test, and where?! - Getting the Testing Balance right
Russ Miles is CEO of ChaosIQ.io where he and his team build commercial and open source (ChaosToolkit.org) products and provide services to companies applying Chaos Engineering to build confidence in their Cloud Native, Microservice-based systems on Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Kubernetes and more.