Skillscast coming soon.
Getting the Testing Balance right, It sounds like a no-brainer, right? Everyone has unit testing nailed, umm, right…? In this talk, Russ Miles of Simplicity Itself takes things back to basics to examine why many still do not unit test and, even worse, use unit testing in extremely unproductive ways.
Diving through a brief litany of woe around his experiences in unit testing, Russ will then share the tools, techniques and hard-earned lessons he applies to write, communicate and organise his unit tests to make them as useful as possible to the future of the application.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Russ Miles' Microservices Workshop (in London on 23rd - 25th August 2017)
- Progressive .NET Tutorials 2017 (in London on 13th - 15th September 2017)
- Microservices through Development Automation with Atomist by Russ Miles (in London on 25th September 2017)
- ContainerSched 2017 - The Conference on DevOps, Cloud, Containers and Schedulers (in London on 28th - 29th September 2017)
- µCon 2017: The Microservices Conference (in London on 6th - 7th November 2017)
Why unit test, and where?! - Getting the Testing Balance right
Russ' experience covers almost every facet of software delivery having worked across many different domains including Financial Services, Publishing, Defence, Insurance and Search. With over 18 years experience of consultancy, coaching and training, Russ helps to change all facets of the software delivery process in order to remove unnecessary and costly complexity in everything from developer skills and practices, through applying the right processes for the job at hand, to ensuring that the right change is delivered, be it through software or otherwise.