Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Akka is a toolkit and runtime for building highly concurrent, distributed and fault tolerant event-driven applications, but it can also be very useful for those of us who more commonly build applications that run happily on a single EC2 micro.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- No more Regular Expressions (SkillsCast recorded in December 2014)
- Akka Streams for Scala | ScalaCon Workshop (Online Course on 25th - 27th October 2021)
- Essential Effects | ScalaCon Workshop (Online Course on 25th - 28th October 2021)
- ScalaCon 2021: November Edition (Online Conference on 2nd - 5th November 2021)
- Journey to the Centre of the JVM (SkillsCast recorded in May 2021)
- Connecting the dots - building and structuring a functional application in Scala (SkillsCast recorded in May 2021)
Akka for the rest of us
Phil is senior software architect at the Guardian. He has worked on just about every part of the Guardian's site and the tools which support it; building features, optimising performance and increasing resilience.