Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Akka is a toolkit and runtime for building highly concurrent, distributed and fault tolerant event-driven applications, but it can also be very useful for those of us who more commonly build applications that run happily on a single EC2 micro.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- No more Regular Expressions (SkillsCast recorded in December 2014)
- Essential Effects | ScalaCon Workshop (Online Course on 10th - 13th May 2021)
- Akka Streams for Scala | ScalaCon Workshop (Online Course on 10th - 12th May 2021)
- ScalaCon 2021 (Online Conference on 18th - 22nd May 2021)
- An Introduction to Cats Effect with Adam Rosien (Online Meetup on 22nd April 2021)
- Abstract Data Types In The Region Of Abysmal Pain, And How To Navigate Them (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
- Keynote: Quality for 'Cloud Natives': What Changes When Your Systems Are Complex And Distributed? (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
Akka for the rest of us
Phil is senior software architect at the Guardian. He has worked on just about every part of the Guardian's site and the tools which support it; building features, optimising performance and increasing resilience.