Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Akka is a toolkit and runtime for building highly concurrent, distributed and fault tolerant event-driven applications, but it can also be very useful for those of us who more commonly build applications that run happily on a single EC2 micro.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- No more Regular Expressions (SkillsCast recorded in December 2014)
- London Java Community Unconference (in London on 5th December 2022)
- LJC Live with Andrey Breslav - Shoulders of Giants: Languages Kotlin learned from (in London on 12th December 2022)
- Taming the Context Beast (SkillsCast recorded in October 2022)
- The Middle Way for Static Typing in Spark DataFrames (SkillsCast recorded in October 2022)
Akka for the rest of us
Phil is senior software architect at the Guardian. He has worked on just about every part of the Guardian's site and the tools which support it; building features, optimising performance and increasing resilience.