Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
How can the same methods be equally well-suited to blocking and asynchronous code? How do you design an API which interacts seamlessly with a third-party library that hasn't even been conceived yet?
Jon will answer these questions with the simple application of some of Scala's more advanced features, taming implicits, type classes and type constructors to enable every Scala user (even beginners) to benefit from some cool and cunning new patterns in library design.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- How I Rebuilt the Typelevel Ecosystem with Fury (SkillsCast recorded in March 2019)
- Essential Effects | ScalaCon Workshop (Online Course on 10th - 13th May 2021)
- Akka Streams for Scala | ScalaCon Workshop (Online Course on 10th - 12th May 2021)
- ScalaCon 2021 (Online Conference on 18th - 22nd May 2021)
- An Introduction to Cats Effect with Adam Rosien (SkillsCast recorded in April 2021)
- Dev Faster with Contract Driven API Development (SkillsCast recorded in April 2021)
How to please everyone, all the time - lessons in Scala API design
Jon has been having fun riding the bleeding edge of Scala for over a decade, and he's not finished yet. While he's not travelling the world attending Scala conferences, or organizing Scala World, Jon spends his time working on a variety of open-source Scala libraries, and providing professional Scala training services.