Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
After watching this Droidcon London video, you’ll understand Android Drawables and be able to use them to create clean code and a polished, smooth app!
Over the past few years, the quality of apps in the Google Play Store has increased substantially. Developers are taking Android UI seriously and producing beautiful apps made of tons of graphics resources (Bitmaps, 9-patches, shapes, etc.) every day. To help you avoid the pain of handling all these different resources, the Drawable abstraction was born.
In this video, Cyril Mottier deep dives into the android.graphics.drawable package and how you can use it to render scalable and responsive UIs. The Drawable notion is essential to the creation of UIs, but developers often only scratch the surface. Click play to understand Drawables and be able to use them to create clean code and a polished, smooth app!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Understanding scrolling techniques in Android (SkillsCast recorded in October 2015)
- Brian Egan's Flutter and Dart Workshop (in London on 17th - 18th March 2020)
- droidcon London 2019 (in London on 24th - 25th October 2019)
- Keynote by Heather VanCura on The Future of Java and You (in London on 7th November 2019)
- NewDay Career Hub Drop-in (in London on 21st November 2019)
- Cleaning the Big Picture: Creating Maintainable Mobile Games in Haskell (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- Why I'm Building My Next App in Flutter (SkillsCast recorded in July 2019)
Mastering Android Drawables
Cyril Mottier is Mobile Software Engineer at Capitaine Train and Android Google Developer Expert. Passionate about technology and design, Cyril is an avid lover of Android and a multi-skilled engineer. He is actively involved in the Android community and shares his passion writing blog posts, creating open source libraries and giving talks. His motto: “Do less, but do it insanely great”