Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
In this talk, the NoSQL we will use is Mongo, and will go over the various options to create a robust multi-database Grails app with Mongo and a traditional RDBMS.
One of the biggest changes in data storage has been to go from soley Relational Database Management System (RDBMS) database - web systems, to mix mode systems. Where you can have the web tier plus a traditional RDBS system, and a NoSQL system when performance matters. One of the challenges is determining not only how to lay out the system but also how to write the code with Grails.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- How Gradle Saved the Day at a Major Company (SkillsCast recorded in December 2013)
- Real World Kotlin Development Workshop (in London on 22nd - 23rd October 2019)
- Migrating to Java 11 with Ben Evans (in London on 28th - 29th October 2019)
- Knowledge Graph Applications in the Legal Profession & Fashion Industry (in London on 22nd October 2019)
- Free Code Camp - October (in London on 29th October 2019)
- Scales and Flow Meters (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
- Privacy Engineering for the World of Kafka (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
NoSQL with Grails
Joseph Faisal Nusairat, author of Beginning JBoss Seam and co-author Beginning Groovy & Grails, is a Java developer who worked full time in the Columbus Ohio area for 11 years before relocating to his new home of always sunny Phoenix Arizona.