Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
In this talk, I will demonstrate how to use best of breed tools in the Groovy ecosystem --- GVM, Lazybones, Shade, Spock, Groovy, Gradle & Cloud Foundry --- to build, test and deploy DropWizard applications.
Dropwizard is a JVM framework for building fast, ops-friendly high performance RESTful web services. It comes with out-of-the-box support for configuration management, logging and health monitoring.
I will also discuss how DropWizard services fit within a Grails-centric architecture and provide alternatives from the Grails world for many of the niceties provided by DropWizard.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- A year in the life of a Grails startup (SkillsCast recorded in December 2011)
- Extreme Java: Advanced Topics with Dr Heinz Kabutz (Online Course on 29th - 30th March 2021)
- Extreme Java: Concurrency Performance with Dr Heinz Kabutz (Online Course on 31st March - 2nd April 2021)
- Introducing AWS Immersion Days (Online Meetup on 11th February 2021)
- Event-Driven Microservices: The Sense, Nonsense and a Way Forward (SkillsCast recorded in December 2020)
- Lightning Talk: E Pluribus Unum – Adventures in Polycloud Delivery (SkillsCast recorded in December 2020)
Building lightning fast REST Services with Dropwizard and Groovy
Tomas Lin is a Grails developer at BSkyB. He has worked with Groovy and Grails extensively on projects like Secret Escapes, Suzuki.ca, Cruiseline fans, Dan Aykryod Wines and Empora.com