Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
In this talk I will speak about how Grails can fit with a single-page architecture and discuss the pros and cons of developing that kind of applications.
Client-side MVC frameworks like AngularJS are getting more popular over time. They represent a big architectural change to what web developers are used to: moving from server-side MVC to a browser based one. I will also do a live demo of a sample web application using AngularJS, Grails, the events-push plugin and MongoDB.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Workshop: Lightweight HTTP applications in the JVM with Groovy and Ratpack (SkillsCast recorded in December 2015)
- Real World Kotlin Development Workshop (in London on 22nd - 23rd October 2019)
- Migrating to Java 11 with Ben Evans (in London on 28th - 29th October 2019)
- µCon London 2020 - The Conference on Microservices, DDD & Software Architecture (in London on 27th - 29th May 2020)
- 2 Presentations: Kubernetes Ingress & DevOps and Microservices Better Together (in London on 17th October 2019)
- Clean Architecture using BLoC & Voyager: DI & the Widget Router (in London on 21st October 2019)
- Lightning Talk: The Elm Architecture in Haskell: Managing state with multiple threads (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
Developing SPI applications using Grails and AngularJS
Álvaro is a passionate software architect and agile enthusiast with over 14 years of experience. He started his career in 2001 coding in Perl and Java, but then quickly focused on Java EE, working for companies like IBM BCS, BEA Systems or Sun Microsystems.