Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
In this talk I will speak about how Grails can fit with a single-page architecture and discuss the pros and cons of developing that kind of applications.
Client-side MVC frameworks like AngularJS are getting more popular over time. They represent a big architectural change to what web developers are used to: moving from server-side MVC to a browser based one. I will also do a live demo of a sample web application using AngularJS, Grails, the events-push plugin and MongoDB.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Workshop: Lightweight HTTP applications in the JVM with Groovy and Ratpack (SkillsCast recorded in December 2015)
- Applied Domain-Driven Design — Full-Stack Event Sourcing (in Online Event on 9th July 2020)
- Debugging Containers on Kubernetes with "kubectl debug" (in Online Event on 23rd July 2020)
- Safe and Reproducible Deployments with Immutable Infrastructure (SkillsCast recorded in May 2020)
- How to use Apache Kafka and Grafana to visualise business process decisions running on the cloud! - Paulo Menon, Ingo Weiss, Craig Reeves. (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
Developing SPI applications using Grails and AngularJS
Álvaro is a passionate software architect and agile enthusiast with over 14 years of experience. He started his career in 2001 coding in Perl and Java, but then quickly focused on Java EE, working for companies like IBM BCS, BEA Systems or Sun Microsystems.