Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
In this talk I will speak about how Grails can fit with a single-page architecture and discuss the pros and cons of developing that kind of applications.
Client-side MVC frameworks like AngularJS are getting more popular over time. They represent a big architectural change to what web developers are used to: moving from server-side MVC to a browser based one. I will also do a live demo of a sample web application using AngularJS, Grails, the events-push plugin and MongoDB.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Workshop: Lightweight HTTP applications in the JVM with Groovy and Ratpack (SkillsCast recorded in December 2015)
- Real World Kotlin Development Workshop (in London on 1st - 2nd July 2019)
- Damjan Vujnovic's Angular Workshop (in London on 3rd - 5th July 2019)
- Infiniteconf 2019 - The conference on Big Data and AI (in London on 4th - 5th July 2019)
- Keynote by Kris Nova on The Power of Linux Virtualization with Cloud Native (in London on 19th June 2019)
- London TensorFlow.js (in London on 20th June 2019)
- Frontend Series (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
- Securing microservices in a serverless world (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
Developing SPI applications using Grails and AngularJS
Álvaro is a passionate software architect and agile enthusiast with over 14 years of experience. He started his career in 2001 coding in Perl and Java, but then quickly focused on Java EE, working for companies like IBM BCS, BEA Systems or Sun Microsystems.