In 1995 the hot topic -- The Next Big Thing (TNBT) -- was Design Patterns. But hardly anyone talks about them now. Why not? What happened? And what are these mysterious pattern-like entities anyway?
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Uncle Bob Martin's Clean Code Workshop on Agile Software Craftsmanship (in London on 2nd - 3rd December 2019)
- Uncle Bob's Clean Architecture (in London on 4th - 6th December 2019)
- Clean Architecture: Drawing Lines (SkillsCast recorded in October 2017)
- Martine Devos' Certified Scrum Master, Estimation & Planning Class (in London on 24th - 25th June 2019)
- Jenny Martin's BDD From Start to Finish - Successful Delivery through Continuous Collaboration (in London on 24th - 26th June 2019)
- SC London 2019 (Software Craftsmanship London) (in London on 3rd - 4th October 2019)
- P3X - People, Product & Process eXchange 2019 (in London on 31st October - 1st November 2019)
- Agile Around The World (in London on 1st July 2019)
- Digital Leadership July (in London on 1st July 2019)
- Lizzy Morris (CST) Presents: Leading from the Inside is True Leadership Agility (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
- Distilling Agile for Effective Execution (SkillsCast recorded in April 2019)
Does anybody remember Design Patterns?
Robert Martin (@unclebobmartin) is Master Craftsman at 8th Light, Skills Matter instructor and author of a range of books (as well as hundreds of articles), including: Clean Code: A Handbook of Agile Software Craftsmanship as well as his most recent, Clean Architecture: A Craftsman's Guide to Software Structure and Design.