In 1995 the hot topic -- The Next Big Thing (TNBT) -- was Design Patterns. But hardly anyone talks about them now. Why not? What happened? And what are these mysterious pattern-like entities anyway?
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Clean Architecture: Drawing Lines (SkillsCast recorded in October 2017)
- Java Design Patterns: The Timeless Way of Coding with Dr Heinz Kabutz (Online Course on 12th - 15th October 2020)
- Agile at Scale with Joakim Sundén (Online Course on 13th - 16th October 2020)
- Web Performance & Agility: A Curious Mashup (SkillsCast recorded in September 2020)
- Retrospectives Antipatterns — Team Meetings That Don't Suck (SkillsCast recorded in July 2020)
Does anybody remember Design Patterns?
Robert Martin (@unclebobmartin) is Master Craftsman at 8th Light, Skills Matter instructor and author of a range of books (as well as hundreds of articles), including: Clean Code: A Handbook of Agile Software Craftsmanship as well as his most recent, Clean Architecture: A Craftsman's Guide to Software Structure and Design.