In this SkillsCast recording (film, code, slides) you will see a demo by Ian & Bart to illustrate four areas of data science using Python. The goal is to introduce a number of these areas that may not be familiar to more traditional Python developers.
In this demo we cover:
- Using the IPython Notebook and Scikit-learn to begin solving the Kaggle Titanic machine learning problem.
- Natural Language Processing and Machine Learning for social media analysis using scikit-learn.
- Using Pandas and QGIS to solve the Future Cities London hackweekend challenge.
- High Performance Python using profiling techniques, Cython and new tools like Numba to calculate at C-like speeds
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Python for Programmers (in London on 20th - 22nd August 2018)
- Fast Track to Machine Learning with Louis Dorard (in London on 3rd - 5th September 2018)
- Brian Sletten's Data Science with R Workshop (in London on 5th - 7th December 2018)
- Infiniteconf 2019 - The conference on Big Data and AI (in London on 4th - 5th July 2019)
Introducing Python for Data Science
Ian Oszvald is co-founder of ShowMeDo and FivePoundApps
Bart Baddeley is a machine learning consultant, who has recently left academia and is interested in seeing how his skill set can be applied to real world commercial big data problems.