Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
This talk will discuss how system administrators can use Groovy to build scripts designed to help facilitate a more-automated server environment.
We often think about Groovy in strict terms as being a programming language, and usually have conversations about it in terms of web development. However, Groovy is also a powerful scripting language, and can be leveraged to build tools to assist in every outlet of system administration.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Application Architecture in Groovy (SkillsCast recorded in December 2013)
- Real World Kotlin Development Workshop (in London on 22nd - 23rd October 2019)
- Migrating to Java 11 with Ben Evans (in London on 28th - 29th October 2019)
- Don’t keep it to yourself - openness and honesty in the workplace (in London on 30th October 2019)
- Keynote by Heather VanCura on The Future of Java and You (in London on 7th November 2019)
- Scales and Flow Meters (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
- Privacy Engineering for the World of Kafka (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
Groovy for System Administrators
Dan Woods is a web developer who is passionate about software architecture and best practices. Dan solves software development problems using Groovy and engages the community by sharing solutions through his Twitter account, blog, and GitHub contribu