Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
In this talk, Bill Venners will tell the story of the journey from a design that leaned towards implicit conversions in ScalaTest 1.0 to one that emphasizes implicit parameters in ScalaTest and ScalaUtils 2.0.
Using primarily demos in the Scala REPL, Bill will show you several use cases and applications of implicit parameters that will help you understand the tradeoffs between implicit conversions and parameters and how to take advantage of implicit parameters in your own designs.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- The Essence of Testing - Beginner (SkillsCast recorded in December 2016)
- F# eXchange 2020 (Online Conference on 21st October 2020)
- Haskell eXchange 2020 (Online Conference on 3rd - 4th November 2020)
- Intro to OCaml (SkillsCast recorded in June 2020)
- Keynote: Haskell is a Great Host (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
Implicit Conversions => Implicit Parameters
Bill Venners is president of Artima, Inc., provider of Scala books, developer tools, training, and consulting. He leads the open source projects for the ScalaTest testing library and the Scalactic library for functional, object-oriented programming. He is coauthor with Martin Odersky and Lex Spoon of the book, Programming in Scala.