This is the story of my agile journey, which began way back in 1999 with the emergence of iterative, lightweight methodologies even before the agile manifesto was born. In this talk I will cram in as many of my key learnings as I can in the time, and hope that it will give you some important insight that helps you to be more successful in your current job and career. This talk is not about agile practices. The practices are relatively easy. It’s about how to create an environment where agile can flourish.
Anyone interested in agile might enjoy this talk and find it useful, however it is particularly useful for managers at all levels - executives, senior managers, programme & project managers, team leaders, development managers, product managers, etc.
There will also be plenty of time for questions, so you can ask the things that really matter to you, whether it’s about how to create an agile environment, or about any specific agile practices.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Agile Project Management in a larger organisation (SkillsCast recorded in November 2015)
- Certified Agile Team Coaching with Ben Maynard & Jon Spruce (Online Course on 15th - 18th November 2021)
- Certified Large-Scale Scrum Practitioner: Principles to Practices (In Person) with Ben Maynard (in London on 22nd - 24th November 2021)
- YOW! December 2021 (Online Conference on 30th November - 1st December 2021)
- Domain-Driven Design Hands-On Workshop: A DDD-traineeship at "Carries Cars" (Online Meetup on 26th October 2021)
- Merging Kanplexity™ with LeSS (Online Meetup on 2nd November 2021)
- Retrospecitves Antipatterns (SkillsCast recorded in October 2021)
- The Myth of Team Autonomy: Why it is an Illusion and We Still Need It (SkillsCast recorded in October 2021)
My Agile Journey - If Only I Knew Then What I Know Now
Kelly Waters is the owner and managing director of 101 Ways - a small London-based consultancy that provides leadership and expertise in agile transformation and agile project delivery.
Kelly is an Interim Director, Executive Consultant and Award-winning blogger. He has 30 years experience in the software industry, working his way from developer to tech lead to project manager to CTO/programme director. He has 20 years experience in the media/publishing industry and has also worked as Transformation Practice Lead for ThoughtWorks Australia, advising executives in the financial services industry on agile transformation.