Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Not satisfied with being new to the Scala language, Akka's actor model, and the unique constraints of the Heroku platform, circumstances conspired to add PostgreSQL, MongoDB & Redis to our tech stack.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Essential Effects | ScalaCon Workshop (Online Course on 10th - 13th May 2021)
- Akka Streams for Scala | ScalaCon Workshop (Online Course on 10th - 12th May 2021)
- ScalaCon 2021 (Online Conference on 18th - 22nd May 2021)
- Technologies for Microservices (SkillsCast recorded in December 2020)
- Abstract Data Types In The Region Of Abysmal Pain, And How To Navigate Them (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
Overcoming U-turns and Dead Ends: Lessons of using Scala, Akka & Spray on Heroku
Multilingual software guy, best known for his work on SBJson. At NET-A-PORTER he got the opportunity to learn Scala and Akka while working on several different projects including The Netbook backend.
Sam started out on embedded C, did a stint with PHP (which is best forgotten), toyed with Flash and has since moved onto iOS where he's been happy for a few years.He has recently got the chance to work on some back-end stuff for a change and jumped h