Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Not satisfied with being new to the Scala language, Akka's actor model, and the unique constraints of the Heroku platform, circumstances conspired to add PostgreSQL, MongoDB & Redis to our tech stack.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Akka Streams for Scala | ScalaCon Workshop (Online Course on 25th - 27th October 2021)
- Essential Effects | ScalaCon Workshop (Online Course on 25th - 28th October 2021)
- ScalaCon 2021: November Edition (Online Conference on 2nd - 5th November 2021)
- Why An API Story? (SkillsCast recorded in June 2021)
- Journey to the Centre of the JVM (SkillsCast recorded in May 2021)
Overcoming U-turns and Dead Ends: Lessons of using Scala, Akka & Spray on Heroku
Multilingual software guy, best known for his work on SBJson. At NET-A-PORTER he got the opportunity to learn Scala and Akka while working on several different projects including The Netbook backend.
Sam started out on embedded C, did a stint with PHP (which is best forgotten), toyed with Flash and has since moved onto iOS where he's been happy for a few years.He has recently got the chance to work on some back-end stuff for a change and jumped h