Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Not satisfied with being new to the Scala language, Akka's actor model, and the unique constraints of the Heroku platform, circumstances conspired to add PostgreSQL, MongoDB & Redis to our tech stack.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- ScalaCon 2022: Keynote Meetup (in London on 4th October 2022)
- ScalaCon 2022 (Online Conference on 4th - 8th October 2022)
- What is happening with Java? (Online Meetup on 6th June 2022)
- WebAssembly for Java Developers (Online Meetup on 8th June 2022)
- Type-safe Redis caching at Chordify (SkillsCast recorded in November 2021)
- How to Run the SAFE Stack on Kubernetes with a PostgreSQL Backend (SkillsCast recorded in October 2021)
Overcoming U-turns and Dead Ends: Lessons of using Scala, Akka & Spray on Heroku
Multilingual software guy, best known for his work on SBJson. At NET-A-PORTER he got the opportunity to learn Scala and Akka while working on several different projects including The Netbook backend.
Sam started out on embedded C, did a stint with PHP (which is best forgotten), toyed with Flash and has since moved onto iOS where he's been happy for a few years.He has recently got the chance to work on some back-end stuff for a change and jumped h